top of page

Anita 'Jeanie' Kustok, September 29, 2010, Orland Park, Cook County, Illinois

Updated: Aug 16, 2022

Anita 'Jeanie' Kustok

September 29, 2010

Orland Park, Illinois

Allan reported that Jeanie, a teacher at Riverside's Central Elementary School shot herself at their home. He said he woke up to a gunshot sound and found her dead in bed next to him bleeding from a gunshot wound to her face. The gun was a .357 Magnum pistol he gave her for their anniversary. He waited at least two hours according to Prosecutors before calling first responders. He shot the rest of the 5 bullets in the chamber into an armoire at their bedside saying he feared he might turn the weapon on himself.

Allan was charged with Murder October 1, 2010. He remained in jail awaiting trial for three and a half years after being unable to post the $2 Mil Bond.

Prosecutors argued that the path of the bullet along with Kustok's wife's blood on his glasses and clothing proved his guilt. They also claimed that the shooting came as a result of an unhappy marriage in which he had affairs. Moreover, Allan had several relationships with other women during their marriage.

Allan told the medical staff when he brought Jeanie to the hospital that he didn't call first responses because he didn't want the commotion that would bring to the neighborhood

The gun used to kill Jeanie was purchased in June 2009 which Allan said he purchased for her as an anniversary present because she was afraid she was alone in the house. Her relatives negated that in court stating they had no idea she was afraid of anything nor were they aware she ever had a gun. When Allen filled out the form to purchase the gun he didn't add to the checklist of reasons for the purchase as 'home defense' or 'security', but checked 'target shooting'.

Their daughter, Sarah Kustok testified and said she believed he was innocent. She also stated that she does not believe her mother committed suicide. Their son Zak Kustok did not support his father's bid for an acquittal.

Allan said he waited to call 911 the morning of her death because he couldn't bear to be apart from her.

The trial lasted almost 4 weeks. It took less than 2 hours for the jury to deliberate. Allan was sentenced to 60 years in late 2014.

Information accumulated by:

Chicago Tribune, CBS, ABC

45 views0 comments
bottom of page